Activating a GEGO Unit
Charging the unit: Connect the GEGO unit to a USB charger. When the unit starts charging, a red light will start blinking slowly.
Things to consider when charging the GEGO Unit:
- It is recommended to use a charger connected to a wall outlet to charge the unit, instead of connecting the USB cable to a PC. PC Ports may provide data transfer, but not enough energy to charge an external device.
- If you see no green blinking light when charging the unit, it could be the case that the battery is too low, and it could take a few minutes until the green light starts to blink. If you still see no lights after an hour of charge, verify that the charger is correctly plugged or use a different charger and cable.
- It is always recommended to fully charge your unit for at least 6 hours before its first use. When the unit is fully charged the green light will remain steady ON, and not blink anymore.
Turn on and Activate the unit: Press and hold the status button for at least 5 seconds, until an orange / amber light blinks a few times, indicating that the unit is turned on. You may now release the status button. After that, a green light will start blinking for a minute indicating that the activation process has started.
Note: The process may need to be repeated until the green light comes on.
After one or two minutes, the activation process should be completed and all lights should be OFF. If the unit is not able to complete the activation process for any reason, it may keep trying the activation process for at least 15 minutes, and the green light may keep blinking. After that, all lights will be OFF.
Verifying that the activation process is completed: Once all lights are OFF, you can repeat the process of pushing the buttons for 5 seconds until an orange / amber light blinks a few times. When you release the button, all lights should be off and the unit will be now active. If the green light starts blinking again, it means that the unit has not completed the activation process the first time and it will try to perform the process again.
Things to consider when activating a GEGO Unit:
- Make sure that the unit is fully charged as instructed above.
- Perform the activation process in an area with good cellular connectivity. Avoid doing the process in basements, buildings that usually have poor cell signal, or in open country areas away from cities.
The activation process should only be done one time. After that, GEGO will remain ON all the time. We recommend always keep the unit fully charged before starting a shipment. GEGO can be kept charging when not used, using car cable chargers. You can always short-press the status button, to verify if the battery is too low: A red blinking light will indicate that the battery is too low to operate.
Please let me know if you have any questions about the process.